Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bing

While I wonder around the way the name is marketed, I love this new revamp of Live Search.

On Vista (yes, I am too chicken to install Windows 7 due to constant customer demos on my machine), it was smart enough to replace my Windows Live search in the IE Search toolbar.

There are several things I like about this right away with the first being the look and feel. A quick search on my scoobie WRX shows this:

image

Google on the other hand shows:

image

You would notice that the direct hit on the stock is a perfect match and something that I tend to agree with.

The related matches are also a comparable with that of Google.

In this beta preview, they say the results are very locale based, more to come when I use this for more technical searches on my day to day.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: